Don't Have an Account? Sign Up to Save Favorite Listings, Save Searches & More...
This is your chance to own a piece of HISTORY! The last time this home was occupied by anyone outside of the Sands Family was 1771! Built circa 1700, this home originally consisted of four rooms - two upstairs and two downstairs - until one additional room was added as a tavern to service the many sailors coming in and out of Annapolis (thus the asymmetric lines along the front of the home). It was John Sands, a mariner himself, who purchased the property in 1771 and his descendants remained in "the old home" over seven generations spanning nearly 250 years until 2015 when the Sands House was donated to the local preservation group for protection. To that end, both exterior and interior easements remain with the property in perpetuity. The early 1900's addition off the back, which nearly doubled the square footage of the original structure, is surrounded by a beautiful courtyard. A new easement grants access to the courtyard via the alley along the east side of the home. As a result, the new owner now has the opportunity to work with the Maryland Historical Trust and Annapolis Historic Preservation Commission to request approval for anything from a parking pad to a carriage house and create an off-street parking area - a rarity within the Historic District. This home still contains much of it's historic charm including door hardware, heart pine floors, leaded glass, four fireplaces and the original 1700's shake roof which was covered during the tavern addition. Updates needed, but some renovation costs are offset by the State of MD up to $50k every 24 months! Just steps from City Dock and the Naval Academy. Don't miss the opportunity to own the oldest frame house in Colonial Annapolis!
© 2019 BRIGHT, All Rights Reserved. Information deemed reliable but not guaranteed. The data relating to real estate for sale on this website appears in part through the BRIGHT Internet Data Exchange program, a voluntary cooperative exchange of property listing data between licensed real estate brokerage firms in which Fulcrum Properties Group participates, and is provided by BRIGHT through a licensing agreement. Real estate listings held by brokerage firms other than Fulcrum Properties Group are marked with the IDX logo and detailed information about each listing includes the name of the listing broker.The information provided by this website is for the personal, non-commercial use of consumers and may not be used for any purpose other than to identify prospective properties consumers may be interested in purchasing. Some properties which appear for sale on this website may no longer be available because they are under contract, have Closed or are no longer being offered for sale. Some real estate firms do not participate in IDX and their listings do not appear on this website. Some properties listed with participating firms do not appear on this website at the request of the seller.
Listing information last updated on September 15th, 2019 at 12:15pm EDT.