Fulcrum + Miner Elementary Monarch Butterfly Project
Miner Elementary is a Capitol Hill school where students are learning about the role that native pollinators play in the environment and food chain. As part of a Food Corps project, Fulcrum donated milkweed to Miner's pollinator garden to help feed caterpillars and attract Monarch butterflies. Expanding the garden with these native plants will allow students to get up-close with hands-on learning. A Food Corps teacher is pictured above planting milkweed with her preschool students.
About Minor Elementary
Since the 2018-19 School Year, Miner has partnered with the Edgewood-Brookland Foundation to implement the Community School Model at Miner.
What is a Community School?
A community school is both a place and a set of partnerships between the school and other community resources. Its integrated focus on health and academics, youth and community development and community engagement leads to improved student learning, stronger families and healthier communities. Schools become centers of the community and are open to everyone-all day, every day, evenings and weekends.
At Miner, the primary areas of focus are:
- School-aged child-care services include before-school and after-school services and full-day programming that operates during school holidays, summers, vacations, and weekends;
- Programs designed to facilitate parental involvement in, and engagement with, their children’s education. This includes activities that involve supporting, monitoring, and advocating for their children’s education, promoting parental leadership in the life of the school, and building parenting skills
- Primary medical/dental care that will be available to students and community residents;
- Programs designed to increase attendance, including reducing early chronic absenteeism
- Youth and adult job-training services and career-counseling services
Learn more about our partnerships across the Greater DC Region below.
Since day one at Fulcrum Properties Group, we've donated a portion of our commission from each sale to a non-profit entity. The creation of the Fulcrum Foundation allows these donations to be compounded with client contributions and affiliated vendor giving. We still give for every closing we have at Fulcrum, but now we double our contribution on every transaction where a client or partner donates as well.
Since its establishment, the Foundation has:
- Partnered with the amazing folks at Generosity Global to deliver clean drinking water in Africa and provide mobile showers in service of people experiencing homelessness in Baltimore.
- Empowered our longtime friends at Playtime Project to deliver play to DC children experiencing homelessness.
- Created Vacation Possible, a special project to provide one week get-aways to single parent families who would otherwise not be able to vacation.
In 2022 we are focused on finding powerful ways to change the landscape in home ownership, improving racial justice in real estate.