It's that time of year when drenching rains and high winds appear almost out of nowhere. Whether you are planning an August staycation or if you are heading on one last summer escape, don't forget to take a few steps to make sure your home will stay flood and damage free from summer storms.
- Check the drains around your property and clear away any leaves or vegetation that could block it from taking the water away from your foundation.
- Clean your gutters to help with efficient water flow to your drains.
- Inspect basements for any sign of water leaking in. With all of the rain we've had lately, now is a good time to find the weak spots and correct them before you have costly damage on your hands.
- Look for any signs of water leaking in from the roof or attic. A new brown spot or split in the plaster is a warning sign that you are about to have a new water feature in your house.
- All of this rain can make tree roots less stable and more likely to fall. Examine the ones around your property and call an arborist if you have any concerns.
- Make sure you know what your homeowners insurance will and will not cover. If you are a renter, getting renters insurance can save you a lot of headache in the event of property damage.
If you need a reputable professional to help with your gutters, roof, trees, or anything else around your home, give us a call! We are happy to connect you with the service you need.